(Click ▸ for more detail)
- Computers have already surpassed human abilities in many fields. These systems however are trained to do only one thing.
- Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) is a computer system that is as good or better than humans across a wide range of tasks.
- AGI would be incredibly powerful / useful, so many large corporations and governments are actively pursuing AGI research
- Given current AI systems are far from perfect, we shouldn’t assume much more powerful, complicated AGI systems will automatically be safe
- More likely than “killer robots” are subtle computer bugs and unintended consequences, which could have serious impacts given the power of AGI
- There is work that can be done to reduce these risks